STROKE RECOVERY PROGRAM
The Sterling Village STROKE RECOVERY PROGRAM is dedicated to providing you the most effective, patient-centered, state of the art rehabilitative care after you have sustained a stroke.
The program provides you with comprehensive services that prevent secondary complications, minimize impairment, reduce activity limitations and maximize the participation and quality of life. Interdisciplinary rehabilitation, provided by a trained and experienced team, maximizes recovery from the physical, visual, cognitive and psychological impairments caused by stroke.
These stroke specialists assess your abilities individually and help you develop realistic short- and long-term goals, applying the latest research and technology methods.
- Maximizes recovery from the physical, cognitive, and psychological impairments caused by stroke
- Focuses on the individual’s capabilities and use of compensatory strategies and devices to lessen activity limitations
- Removes or lessens restrictions to participation in life roles and situations to the extent possible, and counsels and educates individuals and families on alternative possibilities for life participation when necessary
- Prepares the individual and family/caregiver to make the transition to the next stage of the rehabilitative process
- Provides interdisciplinary rehabilitation that emphasizes communication, collaboration and cooperation